Licensed Psychologist in Washington, DC
Individual Therapy in Washington DC
For Gay and Straight Men and Women
Are You Stuck, and Wondering How You Can Feel Better? Don't Give Up—You Can Learn How to Move Forward
If you're visiting my website and considering individual counseling, you're probably having a tough time in life right now.
Maybe you are sad or depressed, and you're hoping that psychotherapy can help you to feel better. Or you may be tired of anxiety blocking you from being social, speaking up more, or taking action on your own behalf; and you wonder if counseling can help you calm yourself enough to move forward in your life.
Perhaps you're thinking that individual therapy with a psychologist utilizing EMDR can assist you to finally get past some traumatic experiences you've been through. Or perhaps you have low self-esteem, and are tired of feeling bad about yourself no matter how much praise others may give you. You may hope that counseling can help you to finally develop sincere positive feelings toward yourself.
You may be stuck in life, wondering why you can't find or consistently follow a path that brings fulfillment in your career, friendships, or romantic relationships. You may be struggling to handle yourself well in your marriage, hoping that a psychologist can help you to achieve a happier relationship or a better sex life. Perhaps you are looking for individual counseling because you need help breaking free of substance use.
Or, you may simply be seeking psychotherapy to create a more satisfying, richer, and more meaningful life.
If you suspect that your life can get better, but are not sure how to do this, I will help you develop the vision, strategies, support, and dedicated focus to find solutions and move in a new direction. In addition to a doctorate in clinical psychology, I have many years of advanced training to effectively work with individuals in counseling and psychotherapy. And I have many years of experience as a psychologist helping therapy clients in the Washington DC area learn effective tools for change.
These principles guide my counseling and therapy work:
- All of us tend get stuck at the limits of what we can cope with. That is simply the way life is. When you are up against your own limits, you have the opportunity to grow: The very issues that knock you down can help you to become stronger than you have ever been.
- Your limits are not set in stone. They are simply your growing edge. Crisis challenges you to develop the creativity and innovation to resolve your dilemma.
- Often, the things we do to protect ourselves also get in our way and keep us stuck. When you can get clear about how things that help you also contribute to your difficulties, you set the stage for thoughtful, deliberate change.
- Anxiety about change is inevitable. I can help you learn ways to calm yourself so that you can move forward if you want, even when doing so is scary.
- Figuring out how you want to live your life, and choosing to move in that direction even when obstacles stand in your way, is possible; and is a powerful way to build self-esteem.
I offer individual therapy for gay and straight men and women in the Washington, DC area. My office is in the Woodley Park/Cleveland Park neighborhood of Washington DC. It is close to Bethesda, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, and other Montgomery County, Maryland suburbs; and to Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, and other Northern Virginia Suburbs.
Relationship issues can often impact your life. I also offer couples therapy and marriage counseling in Washington, DC.
My therapy dog Aviv is often a soothing, unobtrusive presence in my sessions.
Check out my articles to get a sense of my work as a psychologist.
Michael Radkowsky, Psy.D.
~ 20 years experience ~
"I help clients create strong relationships and fulfilling lives."
3000 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 137
Washington, DC 20008
Ready to take the next step?
Call or e-mail Dr. Michael Radkowsky:
Handling Yourself Well: Live In a Way You Respect
Tips for choosing what path to take, to live a meaningful life.
Individual Therapy: An Opportunity to Grow
All of us face tough times: When life goes badly; when we feel overwhelmed by depression or anxiety; when we experience loss. If you are feeling besieged by life, read how I can help you utilize the very issues that knock you down to become stronger than you have ever been.
Join my mailing list:
Receive new articles and be notified of upcoming workshops.